Here are six common mistakes that are made when reading tarot for yourself, and how you can avoid them.
- You do a Tarot Reading When you’re highly emotional: You want to be able to remain objective, calm and focused.
- You keep drawing extra tarot cards as “clarifiers”: Commit to drawing clarifying cards only when necessary and never draw more than two extra cards.
- You do multiple tarot readings on the same topic: Wait at least a month before reading on the same topic, or at least until you see a significant change.
- You research multiple tarot card meanings for the one you want: Don’t get stuck on trying to find the perfect, most convenient meaning. Instead, go with your instinct.
- You use a complicated tarot spread: Many questions simply need only a few tarot cards to find your answer.
- You interpret your tarot reading the way you want: You can interpret your own cards, but you may want to also seek the opinion of an objective third party.
Reading Tarot for yourself can be incredibly powerful and insightful if you do it correctly. By avoiding these six mistakes you will be well on your way to creating accurate tarot readings for yourself.